One naughty owl was missing a cable cross.
(I’m sorry for the blurry photo, I only realized that when I started writing this post)
I thought about if I could live with that and decided that I couldn’t. So there was only one option:
I dropped the four stitches down to where the cross was missing.
Then I distributed them onto two dpns, a little smaller than what I use for knitting the shawl, crossed them and reunited them on one dpn (Be sure you cross them in the right direction. You don’t want to do this twice, believe me… )
Next, I used the strand directly above the four stitches to knit them, and then the strand above that and so on.
Here, only four strands are left. Almost done :)
And here’s the repaired owl, as if nothing ever happened. Okay, they are not the tidiest stitches in the world, but that will block out.
Next thing I realized, the purl stitch next to the owl had dropped. I think I need a break.